Are you interested in serving food or drinks to thousands of people at Copenhagen’s Distortion?
We have spots available for bar and food stalls during our Nørrebro and Vesterbro street parties and at the Distortion Ø festival site on Refshaleøen. This is a guide to everything you need to know.
Application deadline is 15 March 2021. Please note you can only apply for a single category – either food or bar. Email your questions to [email protected].
- Wednesday 2 June 2021: Street Party, Nørrebro, 16.00-22.00
- Thursday 3 June 2021: Street Party, Vesterbro, 16.00-22.00
- Friday 4 / Saturday 5 June 2021: Distortion Ø, Refshaleøen, 16.00-04.00 / 18.00-06.00
Due to the ongoing corona pandemic every festival faces challenges on how and when a festival is realistic. Nonetheless we are optimistic that we can create a Distortion 2021, and we hope that our F&B Hosts will support our solution on how we will create a Distortion that secures the common health throughout the festival. We are updated by the Danish government on how the situation evolves and will respond with detailed mail on how we will make Distortion 2021.
Don’t hesitate to send in your application as a F&B Host! Even if the festival is moved or cancelled, we will save your application.
What we are looking for
We are looking for stalls that have a sharp concept, high level of service, a menu that adds to our audience’s party experience and that you are working on a greener approach. We also aim to have a variety of food and bars that specialise in their own area to ensure we minimise internal competition.
The stall fee gives you
- Visibility and exposure on Distortions platforms.
- A location on the official festival map.
- Distortion is responsible for the overall production plan, placing toilets and crowd safety
- Guide to all relevant permits needed to have stall at the festival.
Stall prices vary and depends on the location. The price for each stall reflects the stall’s revenue potential based on previous years sales. Prices are based on a standard setup with a 4 metre sales front. In order to accommodate your desired location for the street parties, please include 3 stall locations in your application.
- Prices at the Street Party, Nørrebro
- Prices at the Street Party, Vesterbro
- Distortion Ø, Refshaleøen (yet to come. if you are interested please include a note in your application)
- 15 March: Application deadline
- 26 March: Alcohol permit
- 1 April: Confirmation of application
- 1 May: 50% deposit of stall fee must be paid (non refundable)
- 10 May: Remaining 50% of stall fee must be paid
- Food stalls are only allowed to sell food, while bars are only allowed to sell drinks.
- Bars can not sell beer, soda or energy drink as this is in competition with Distortions own bars and sponsors.
- You are able to use soda and energy drink in cocktails or drinks. It must not be advertised in your stall and the name of the cocktail/drink must be named differently – think unique and creative names.
- Third party exposure / sponsorship exposure is not allowed.
- You may ONLY advertise your own product and business info.
Set up / Pack Down
- Pack in for the food/bar stalls on the streets must happen between 10.00 and 15.00 each day on Nørrebro and Vesterbro.
- Pack down MUST be completed by 23.30 each day. The streets begin to get cleaned from 00.00 (midnight) so it is important that your stall along with any waste made from your stall or truck is tidied.
All bar stalls must have a liquor sales license prior to Distortion containing a person responsible for this during operation. Please email your liquor license documentation and the name of the person who will be running the stall to [email protected] along with a confirmation email saying you have paid your deposit. This is due on friday the 26th March, 2021.
All food stalls must have a food safety license/certificate before we can confirm a site for you. Please email this to [email protected] with the subject line stating ‘your company name’ and ‘food safety certificate’. Info regarding food hygiene along with the course and checks required to get a license can be found on Fødevarekurser’ website.
Food stalls and bars must also fill out an “Lejlighedstilladelse” permit for selling products on the streets (fill out the attached file “Lejlighedstilladelse”). This formula must be handed in no later than the date above
Have a greener approach
We urge you to think green in your approach, which includes the following guidelines
- We encourage you to use biodegradable packaging, paper cups/plates/knives/forks, recycled napkins, NO plastic straws, return cups/buckets and minimal glass for safety.
- If you are in need of an eco-friendly supplier for packaging or serving materials please contact us on [email protected] as we can help you with this – not just for the festival but going forward as well.
- Concerning buckets, it must not exceed 1 litre in volume and it can’t be hard plastic material! Buckets MUST have a pant system associated with it.
- It is recommended that you have some kind of logo or branding on a bucket so you know whether the bucket was purchased at your bar(s). In general we recommend using containers/buckets that can be returnable in your bar(s) with a fixed price attached, so the guests are able to deliver them back.
- You are responsible for your own trash and must take this with you at the end of each day to ensure the area around your stall is clean. For your own sake we advise you to sort out your trash in the different categories mentioned above.
- For the street parties you must provide electricity and water and connect this yourself. If you need help with this, Distortion can contact the electricity provider for an affordable price.
- For Distortion Ø there is 1 x 13A, 1 phase 230V power source included in the price. There is no water connection, but there is access to fresh water. If you need more this can be purchased at an affordable price.
Photo: Andreas Holm